Your access to e-mail is now encrypted, which is much safer. However, because it's using a self-signed certificate, your browser doesn't know to trust it. Therefore, you'll probably get some dire warning with a bunch of red saying how dangerous it is to visit this site. To make this go away, you need to install a certificate (see below).
Aetherwide CA Certificate
For Windows machines:
Now, when you visit https://johnst.org/mail/, you should no longer get the annoying security warning.
- Click on the above and choose to "Open" it.
- Verify that the certificate you see is for Aetherwide, LLC.
- Choose "Install Certificate...". This will open up the import wizard.
- Choose "Next".
- The default of automatically selecting the store should be OK. Choose "Next".
- Choose "Finish".
- You'll get one last warning; verify that the thumbprint starts with "29FE..." and choose "Yes".
- Quit your browser and restart it.
For Mac folk, just download the below, open it, and import it into your keychain (should be relatively self-explanatory). You'll need to enter your login password at one point to modify your keychain.